Standard Test Method for Determining Relative Humidity in Concrete Floor Using in situ Probes
The complete current edition of ASTM F 2170 is available from the American Society for Testing and Materials, 100 Barr Harbor Drive, West Conshohocken PA 19428.
- Apparatus – Humidity Probe and Digital Meter
Accuracy ± 2-3%
- NIST – traceable calibration certificates.
- Conditioning – Concrete slabs shall be at service temperature and air space above the floor slab shall be at service temp. and RH for 48 hours prior to measuring concrete RH
- Procedure - Slabs drying from one side, Drill holes 40% depth of concrete. Allow 24 hours to achieve moisture equilibrium within the hole before taking measurements.
- Minimum of three tests for first 1,000 ft2 and one additional test for each 1,000 ft2
- Normal placement is one test near the center with others being placed around the perimeter of the room