Installation of Flush Fit Reducer
1. Screw or nail a temporary wood block, 1/2" wide and a minimum of a 1/2" in height, to the subfloor, wherever you plan to install a Flush Reducer. The wood block should be placed directly against the edge of the floor to which you are transitioning.
2. Install the entire floor.
3. Remove the wood block.
4. Lay the Reducer in place.
5. Attach Reducer to the substrate with nails (6d finish nails) or construction adhesive and a bead of recommended wood glue
to the front edge of the Reducer.*
6. Always predrill the Reducer pieces wit the appropriate size drill bit to avoid cracking or splitting.
* When installing over radiant heated subfloors, use only construction adhesive to attach Reducer pieces to the substrate.
NOTE: Due to height differences when transitioning hardwood flooring to existing flooring or vertical surfaces, it may be necessary to rip saw or shim Reducer pieces to achieve desired height.