Installation of Threshold
1. Screw or nail a temporary spacer block 3/4" wide and a minimum of a 1/2" in height, to the subfloor.
2. Add an additional spacer, cut to the width of the required expansion zone, to the installation side of the spacer block.
3. Install the hardwood up to the expansion zone spacer.
4. Leave spacer block and expansion zone spacers in place and complete the entire hardwood floor installation.
5. Remove spacers.
6. Attach Threshold pieces with nails (6d finish nails) or construction adhesive.*
7. Always predrill the Threshold pieces with the appropriate size drill bit to avoid cracking or splitting.
8. To allow the Hardwood to expand and contract freely, never fasten the Threshold pieces to
the hardwood flooring.
* When installing over radiant heated subfloors, only use construction adhesive to attach Threshold
pieces to the substrate.
Note: Due to height differences when transitioning hardwood flooring to existing flooring or vertical
surfaces, it may be necessary to rip saw or shim Threshold pieces to achieve desired height.