Standard Test Method for Determining Relative Humidity in Concrete Floor Using in situ Probes
- Apparatus – Humidity Probe and Digital Meter
Accuracy ± 2-3%
- NIST – traceable calibration certificates.
- Conditioning – Concrete slabs shall be at service temperature and air space above the floor slab shall be at service temp. and RH for 48 hours prior to measuring concrete RH
- Procedure – Slabs drying from one side, Drill holes 40% depth of concrete. Allow 24 hours to achieve moisture equilibrium within the hole before taking measurements.
- Minimum of three tests for first 1,000 ft2 and one additional test for each 1,000 ft2
- Normal placement is one test near the center with others being placed around the perimeter of the room
This is a summary. For a copy of the latest version of ASTM F2170 Humidity in Concrete Floor Slabs Using in situ Probes, contact ASTM International at: https://www.astm.org/Standards/F2170.htm