For sheet vinyl and vinyl composition tile over two years old, strip floor completely using a 3M blue/green pad or equivalent brush and a no-scrub stripper.
NOTE: For vinyl composition tile less than two years old, use a 3M blue/green pad or equivalent brush and commercial floor stripper.
- Wet vac, rinse thoroughly, and allow to dry.
- If some stain remains, wipe stained area several times with a clean, white rag wetted with .
NOTE: Do NOT pour Zep SAFE/SOLV* on floor or leave wet rag lie on floor. Allow floor to dry for one hour.
- Rescrub floor using a neutral detergent and a green or blue pad, or equivalent brush to remove solvent residue, etc. Wet vac, rinse, and allow to dry.
- Apply two coats of a stain resistant sealer.
- Apply 3-5 coats of a good quality acrylic polish such as Armstrong S-480. If possible, allow the sealer and polish to cure for 24 hours.
- Prevent additional tracking of stain onto polished floor.
- Be sure to follow all manufacturer’s usage and dilution instructions, handling, and safety precautions.
*This does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by AHF Products for any of the products, services or companies mentioned. This is for informational purposes only.