Eye and Skin Irritant
For Use With
- Residential and Commercial installations of Armstrong Flooring resilient sheet, tile, and plank
- As a primer with all Armstrong Flooring patches, underlayments and latex based adhesives.
- Can be used on all grade levels of concrete, poured in place gypsum underlayments, approved wood underlayments, ceramic tile, quarry tile, terrazzo and marble.
- Primer for wood and concrete with self-adhering tile.
Product Data Table
|Type||Latex-based liquid primer|
|Applicator||Short nap paint roller or coarse fiber brush|
|Units and Coverage||Gallon – 400 sq.ft.|
4 Gallon – 1600 sq.ft.
Coverage depends on the porosity of the subfloor
|Shelf Life||One year, unopened|
|Freeze/Thaw Stable||No, keep from freezing|
|VOC Content||0 g/L; calculated and reported, SCAQMD 1113|
Ammonia-free and low odor
Contain low or no organic solvents
Contain no reportable hazardous substances (per current regulations)
|Item No.||1-gallon – 00185408 (Disc 3/23)|
4-gallon – 00185418
|Item/Carton UPC||1-gallon – 042369162647|
4-gallon – 042369070584
|1 gallon – 13 L x 13 W x 12.5 H|
|Carton Weight||1-gallon – 36 lbs.|
4-gallon – 35.7 lbs.
|Items per Carton||1-gallon – 4/carton|
4-gallon – 1/carton
|Cartons per Pallet||1-gallon – 36|
4-gallon – 48
When Armstrong Flooring S-185 is used with a recommended Armstrong floor application, the Armstrong Guaranteed Installation System warranty applies.
Will bond to all substrates listed below but refer to flooring installation system for specific installation recommendations:
- Concrete on (all grade levels) according to ASTM F710 and Preparation of Concrete Subfloors
- Existing asphalt “cutback” residue which is smooth with no ridges or puddles evident
- Suspended Wood Subfloors and Panel Underlayments
- Quarry tile, terrazzo, marble
- Properly mixed and applied powder underlayments and embossing levelers
- Primed, poured-in-placed gypsum subfloors
- Radiant-heated subfloors where the surface temperature does not exceed 85oF (29o C)
DO NOT USE OVER: Non-porous substrates, concrete with excessive moisture and/or alkali; existing resilient flooring; substrates treated with fire-retardant chemicals, fungicides, preservatives, release agents, adhesive, adhesive removers, sealers, curing compounds or other incompatible treatments, dirt, oil, grease, plaster, curing compounds, and other foreign matter.
- Apply S-185 liberally with a short nap paint roller or a coarse fiber brush. Avoid puddling.
- Use full strength. Do not dilute.
- Do not apply at temperatures below 32°F (0°C) or above 100°F (38°C).
- Allow to dry thoroughly before applying patches, underlayments or latex adhesives.
- Drying time will vary with job site conditions.
- Use this product with positive fresh air ventilation. A slight odor of latex may be present until material dries.
- Clean tools with water before material dries.