This product is manufactured and distributed by Taylor Adhesives. For ordering information please contact Taylor Adhesives at 800-868-GLUE (4583) or tayloradhesives.com
- DO NOT take internally.
- If swallowed, DO NOT induce vomiting. Call a physician immediately.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- Be sure to wear appropriate personal protective equipment (rubber gloves and eye protection, see SDS for details)
Bruce Equalizer Pro Moisture-Cured Urethane Wood Flooring Adhesive SDS
FloorScore Certificates – Adhesives
APPROVED FLOORING TYPES
- Engineered and solid hardwood
- Dry-back parquet
- Bamboo (not strand woven)
- Cork flooring
- Recycled rubber
APPROVED SUBSTRATES & SURFACES
- APA underlayment grade plywood and OSB
- Association grade particleboard
- Cement backer board
- Cementitious and anhydrite screeds
- Concrete and radiant heated subfloors that do not exceed 85°F (30°C)
- Existing well-bonded non-cushion-backed vinyl, tile and sheet flooring
- Fully secured cork underlayments
- Gypsum and lightweight concrete (with approved primer)
- Terrazzo (properly prepared with all waxes and surface finishes removed)
SUBSTRATE MOISTURE TESTING
- RH – 75% [ASTM F2170]
- pH – (5-9)
- MVER – 5 lbs [ASTM F1869]
Wood underlayments must have a moisture content below 12% using a Tramex or Delmhorst moisture meter
Follow flooring manufacturer’s guidelines for allowable levels of moisture. Substrate must be prepared per ASTM F710 standards including, but not limited to the following:
- Concrete floors must be dry, clean, smooth and structurally sound. They shall be free of any foreign materials that might prevent adhesive bond, including dust, dirt, solvent, paint, wax, oil, grease, residual adhesive, adhesive removers, incompatible sealers, fire-retardant chemicals, fungicides, release agents, alkaline salts, excessive carbonation, laitance, mold, mildew, and curing, sealing, hardening or parting compounds.
- Fill all surface cracks, grooves, depressions, control joints and non-moving joints with moisture-resistant patching and self-leveling compounds, allow to fully cure and correct high spots before applying adhesive.
- The substrate, adhesive and flooring must be acclimated in an enclosed building with the HVAC operational between 60-85°F (15-30°C), and between 30-65% relative humidity, for at least 72 hours before, during and after the installation.
- When installing over radiant heated subfloors, turn the heat off for 24 hours before, during and after installation. Failure to turn the heat off may result in shortened working time of the adhesive. When turning radiant heat back on, raise it incrementally, not to exceed a change of more than 5 degrees per hour to a maximum of 85°.
- Wood underlayments must have a moisture content below 12% using a Tramex or Delmhorst moisture meter
- When installing thin-gauge wood (solid or engineered), irregular substrates may telegraph through as adhesive pulls wood down during curing stages. Therefore, substrates must be properly leveled (see ASTM F710) to prevent telegraphing.
- Concrete must be placed in strict accordance with applicable standards and specifications. An intact moisture vapor retarder must be present below the concrete (see ASTM E1745), must be fully cured (at least 45 days) and without hydrostatic pressure.
- Flooring must be acclimated per manufacturer’s guidelines
Follow wood flooring manufacturer’s guidelines for layout, design and any special precautions for installation. Be sure to wear appropriate personal
protective equipment (rubber gloves and eye protection, see SDS for details).
- Spread adhesive using required tools (see tool charts below).
- Not all tools offer moisture protection.
- Install flooring approximately 10 minutes after adhesive is spread to allow it to pre-tack.
- Working time is approximately 45-60 min under acceptable temperature and humidity conditions.
- Wood may slip and move at first so be sure to secure the initial row with approved blue tape to limit movement and hold patterns. Occasionally lift a piece of wood to ensure adhesive is achieving proper transfer. If proper transfer is not achieved, remove dried adhesive and apply more using recommended tool. The use of approved blue tape to temporarily hold the edges together may be necessary until installation is complete.
- When installing near a solid object or wall, use wedges to ensure ample room is left for expansion (see flooring manufacturer’s recommended expansion guidelines). Installing wood too tight against a stationary object will not allow room for normal wood expansion, which may cause a failure. Remove wedges after initial setting of adhesive (approximately 2 hours) to allow for normal expansion of wood. Failure to remove wedges can cause the wood flooring to buckle and pop off the substrate.
- Roll and cross roll floor with a 75-100 lbs (34-45 kg) roller within 1 hour of installation and again within 2 hours to ensure proper transfer of adhesive.
- Remove any excess adhesive from the finish of the flooring immediately to avoid damaging the finish coat
- When installing unfinished wood flooring, wait a minimum of 72 hours before sanding.
- Thin-gauge solid and engineered wood and exotic species are very sensitive to job site conditions.
- Reseal lid when not in use to protect product.
REQUIRED TOOLS AND COVERAGE
Trowel dimensions are width X depth X spacing. Coverage is approximate and
may vary depending on porosity of substrate and the angle at which the trowel is held.
It is the sole responsibility of the contractor/installer to determine the proper porosity of the subfloor, apply the correct amount of adhesive for the job conditions and ensure that all instructions, procedures and practices are strictly adhered to.
FOR BOND ONLY
|Flooring Type||Tool||(images not to scale)||Estimated|
|Engineered/laminated plank and cork flooring, solid and bamboo flooring||3/16″ x 1/4″ x 5/16″|
(4.8mm x 6.4mm x 7.9mm)
|Finger block parquet, recycled rubber, cork underlayment||3/32” x 3/32” x 3/32”|
(2.38mm x 2.38mm x 2.38mm)
- While product is still wet: use a damp cloth and water to remove.
- While product is still soft: use approved adhesive remover/stripper, denatured alcohol or mineral spirits. Always check compatibility on a piece of scrap flooring.
|Product Classification||Moisture-cured urethane|
|Curing Method||Moisture cured|
|Consistency||Smooth, medium viscosity liquid|
|Freeze/Thaw||Stable to 10°F (-12°C)|
|Shelf Life||1 year|
|Open Time||10 minutes|
|Working Time||45-60 min|
|Cure Time||24 hrs|
|Light Traffic||4 hrs|
|Heavy Traffic||12 hrs|
|Heavy Rolling Loads||N/A|
|VOC (g/L) – SCAQMD, Rule #1168||30|
|LEED Points||Contributes to low emitting materials|