FOR PROFESSIONAL USE ONLY
- Do not install below 50°F (10°C) surface or air temperature.
- Close container after each use.
- Do not reuse container.
- Do not flush primer down drains, sewers or waterways.
- Carefully read and follow all cautions and warnings on product label.
For Use With
- As a primer with all Armstrong Flooring patches and underlayments on non-porous surfaces
- Priming Armstrong Flooring S-462 Seal Strong™ moisture mitigation system
- Priming smooth and sound substrates (i.e. terrazzo, ceramic tiles, quarry tiles, porcelain tiles, burnished non-porous concrete surfaces, and non-water-soluble adhesive residue on concrete.)
|Type||Solvent-free, 2-component epoxy|
|Color||Pink (Part A resin), White (Part B hardener)|
|Applicator||Short nap roller, sponge paint roller, or foam squeegee|
|Coverage||Approximately 400-600 sq. ft. per gallon|
|Units||Net 1 gallon; Part A resin 0.5 gal., Part B hardener 0.5 gal.|
|Drying Time||Minimum 3 hours. Review additional guidance on drying time appearing below.|
|Shelf Life||1 year if unopened|
|Freeze/Thaw Stable||No, keep from freezing|
|VOC Content||5.5 g/L (Parts A+B), ASTM D2369|
|Clean Up||Clean tools with water immediately after use.|
|Bonds To||Non-porous concrete, ceramic, and non-water soluble adhesive residues on concrete|
|Advantages||Suitable for use over S-462 Seal Strong™ and other non-porous surfaces.|
Ready for installation in as little as 3 hours.
Approved for use with all Armstrong Flooring Patches.
|Size||2 – 1/2 Gallon pails (Part A & Part B)|
|13″L x 13″W x 13″H|
|Carton Weight||36.8 lbs|
|Items per Carton||4|
|Cartons per Pallet||36|
All surfaces must be structurally sound, clean, and free of dirt, oil, grease, wax, plaster, curing compounds, old adhesive residues* and other foreign matter that may act as a bond breaker. Concrete floors must be tested for porosity in accordance with ASTM F-3191 and be free of excess moisture and/or alkali. Always refer to the Armstrong Flooring Guaranteed Installation System Manual, F-5061.
*Some previously manufactured asphaltic “cutback” adhesives contain asbestos. For removal instructions, refer to the Resilient Floor Covering Institute’s publication Recommended Work Practices for Removal of Resilient Floor Coverings.
Mix full container Part A with full container Part B using a mixing paddle. Within 1 hour of mixing, apply with a foam squeegee, short-nap roller, or sponge roller. Apply thin while maintaining 100% coverage. Follow coverage rate guidelines, a thick coat of primer can result in cracking and dis-bonding. Back roll with a dry roller to remove excess primer. Allow primer to dry to a thin slightly tacky film prior to applying underlayment (minimum 3 hours, max. 24 hours).